Due to remote work and the increasing demand for skilled technology professionals in recent years, many businesses and startups are seeking to recruit LATAM developers as it can be a high-quality and cost-efficient solution for their IT team.
One of the main factors that attracts founders to the LatAm market is the cost of hiring developers. The hourly rates of US-based developers are the highest in the industry, ranging from $70.00-$100.00 per hour (with an annual salary of $134,000-$192,000). Canada and Western Europe follow with hourly rates of $60.00-$80.00 and $50.00-$81.00, respectively. On the other hand, Latin America’s hourly rates of $30.00-$65.00 (with an annual salary of $38,400 to $125,000) are the most appealing rates in the West.
Despite higher rates than those of African and Asian regions, Latin American developers are preferred in the US market due to their time zone and work culture compatibility, making them a more attractive option.
The rates for Latin American developers depend on level of expertise:
- Junior Developers: Junior developers typically have less than three years of experience and are just starting their careers. They generally charge $20 to $30 per hour (annual salary: $38.400-$57.000)
- Mid-Level Developers: Mid-level developers have 3-5 years of experience and have a broad range of skills. They generally charge $30 to $50 per hour (annual salary: $57.000-$96.000)
- Senior Developers: Senior developers have 5+ years of experience and are experts in their field. They generally charge $50 to $65 per hour (annual salary: $96.000-$125.000)
Here are the average hourly rates for different types of developers in Latin America:
- Full-Stack Developers: Full-stack developers typically charge $30 to $60 per hour.
- Front-End Developers: Front-end developers typically charge $30 to $50 per hour.
- Back-End Developers: Back-end developers typically charge $30 to $60 per hour.
- Mobile Developers: Mobile developers typically charge $30 to $60 per hour.
- DevOps Engineers: DevOps engineers typically charge $40 to $65 per hour.
The smart way to have on board the best remote talent.
Nearshore outsourcing is a trending methodology adopted by many companies that sources the best tech professionals in Latin America. This methodology of remote talent-hiring has been around for several decades. From large to small businesses, executives opt for outsourcing to maximize their resources and trust their software development projects to expert hands.
However, the outsourcing world presents two main variants with few similarities and many differences. Nearshore and offshore talent sourcing can impact your company’s development. Therefore, you must analyze and choose carefully to make the best decision. Now, you can take your company to the next level cost and time efficiently with nearshore outsourcing and its numerous advantages.
Partner with an IT staffing agency
We’ve saved the best tip for last. The easiest way to source developers during the crisis is through a staffing agency. Partnering with an outsourcing or staffing agency saves you all the effort, money, and time you’d otherwise lose trying to find developers on your own. And no one does it better than WeDevelop.
At WeDevelop, we understand the demand for highly skilled developers and the intricate dynamics of the IT labor market. That’s why we pair our clients with only the most capable talent, sourced directly from the lush labor pools of Latin America.
Our process is pretty simple. Just tell us what position you want filled or the development project you have in mind. We’ll then translate your requirements into detailed job descriptions, which we’ll use to match potential candidates from a pool of over 200 pre-screened developers, engineers, and designers. But the final hiring or outsourcing decision will entirely be up to you.
You can augment your staff with talented developers, build dedicated teams to work on special or ongoing tasks, or delegate entire projects — the choice is yours.
If you are ready to scale your team and boost your IT projects, contact us!